Just as other parts of the body, foot and heels are too an important part, as it’s the place from where we have learned to stand by ourselves. Every small organ of our body needs care and treatment.
Foot problems and heel problems are mainly seen in women as they have to stay more in water, wear high heels and have soft feet and heel. If not taken care and ignored the foot and heel it causes its cracking. Medically cracked heels are also known as heel fissures.
Fissures are regular linear cut wounds and mostly affects the surface level. Sometimes it goes deep and becomes painful. Excessive pressure on the feet pads makes the feet to expand sideways. As the skin surrounding the sides of the feet are dry they crack and cause cracked heels. The appearance of dry cracked heels also zinc and omega- 3 fatty acid deficiency.
Cracked heels are not harmful in any way except when the fissures or cracks are deep and tend to become painful and the skin starts to bleed. This causes infections.
- Red patches- patches start spreading all around and it gives out a burning sensation.
- Peeling and cracked skin- if further not given care, the skin starts peeling and deepens the crack.
- Bleeding from cracks- the cracks sometimes becomes so hard that it hurts when you put your feet on the floor and this itching causes bleeding.
- Excessive walking: Continuous feet activity may cause roughness of foot skin which causes cracks and leads to foot problems. It depends on how soft shoes are we wearing. Is it high heels or very thin surface or sole which make your foot directly feel the ground which causes wounds inside and causes cracks.
- Natural dry skin: some people have full dry skin, which is also on foot and heels. If the foot and heels are not moisture regularly, then it becomes too hard and causes heavy cracks. Moisturizing soothes the skin and softens it from inside and the result is foot problems.
- Being overweight: very hefty body and overweight puts whole pressure on the legs which make hard to stand and walk which too causes cracks and bone problems.
- High heels sandals: Due to high heel sandals and thin sole, people get prone to legs pain especially on the heel side. Sometimes due to hard sandals, bones break and even become pointed which pricks like thorns whenever you walk and stand and it causes to body pain and swelling of legs.
- Irregular pedicure: If regular pedicure is not done, which softens the leg and even throws away the dead skin and make way to the fresh skin, cracks increases.
- if possible wear doctor sandals which have points and give acupressure on parts of heels which soothes and gives relief from leg pains.
- try to do homemade pedicures. Add a lukewarm water half teaspoon of eating soda and a little shampoo and soak your legs in it for 15 minutes. Through this, all the dead skin will shed out giving out only soft skin.
- moisturize your legs with leg cream at night.
- soak your legs in warm water and then in cold water for 15 minutes.
- keep feet clean and dirt free by wearing socks or soft slippers even at home.